Today was a good day, a busy day, a day to remember. I went on a two hour walk with Alyssa, two five year olds, Elijah and Taytum, and two dogs, Tucker and Tor-tilla. Oh, and I went to the police station. Speaking of the police station...that was quite the experience and here is how it went.
2:58 pm I pull into the wrong police station parking lot, the one only police cars are allowed to park in.
2:59 pm I pull into the correct parking lot, park, and turn off the car.
3:00 pm I walk into the police station. There is glass wall that separates me from any contact which could have possibly have happened between myself and the police officers and receptionists.
3:01 A police lady with a severe case of gynoid obesity (this means her butt and hips were the size of Texas for all you people that didnt have to spend a whole quarter of your life at college in a nutrition class). Now this lady and I had an interesting conversation, and this is how it went.
2:59 pm I pull into the correct parking lot, park, and turn off the car.
3:00 pm I walk into the police station. There is glass wall that separates me from any contact which could have possibly have happened between myself and the police officers and receptionists.
3:01 A police lady with a severe case of gynoid obesity (this means her butt and hips were the size of Texas for all you people that didnt have to spend a whole quarter of your life at college in a nutrition class). Now this lady and I had an interesting conversation, and this is how it went.
Lady: What can I do for you? (read in a mean, grovely toned voice)
Me: I need to get fingerprinted, is this the place I should be?
Lady: What for?
Me: I have a friend who is adopting a child and to babysit you need a background check and fingerprinting done.
Lady: You need a fingerprint card...
Me: I have it right here
Lady: Well, it is two minutes after three, you will have to come back.
Me: (in a slightly bewildered tone) You only fingerprint till three?
Lady: Thursdays from 1-3. You will have to come back then.
Me: Ok, thanks.
Me: I need to get fingerprinted, is this the place I should be?
Lady: What for?
Me: I have a friend who is adopting a child and to babysit you need a background check and fingerprinting done.
Lady: You need a fingerprint card...
Me: I have it right here
Lady: Well, it is two minutes after three, you will have to come back.
Me: (in a slightly bewildered tone) You only fingerprint till three?
Lady: Thursdays from 1-3. You will have to come back then.
Me: Ok, thanks.
I walked out of the office, didnt say another word, but just kept thinking she was lying to me, and that she must have been having a really crappy day, and that I wanted to call her a stupid ho, but that would be mean, and that is definitely not what Jesus would have done in the situation. Then, trying to forget about the whole situation I drove off to Joys house to go on a walk with Alyssa, Elijah, and the Dogs, oh, and my little tag along Taytum.
Alyssa and I took the kids on a good four mile walk up and down hills and throughout neighborhoods. Don't worry, I let them play for 15 minutes at a playground, I let them have fun. Oh, and it was at this playground where conversations like this take place.
Taytum: Elijah, do you want to play school with me?
Elijah: (in an explainatory voice) No Taytum, you won't let me be the bus driver.
Alyssa and Me: Look at each other, look at the kids, and then just start laughing.
Elijah: Let's play hide and seek.
Alyssa and Me: Ok, we will hide in here.
Taytum: I dont want to count.
Elijah: ...I'm gonna find you.
Elijah: Can I have a piggy back ride?
Me: I will give you one when we get back to the house buddy, you weigh too much (100 lbs) for me to carry you uphill!
Elijah: (In a pouty tone) But I want one now
Elijah stops walking and just stands in the middle of the park
Angela: Ok, I will give you one when we get back to the house. Bye Elijah.
Elijah stand there for a while, then runs to catch up.
Man, I wish I could get over things as fast as little kids do. It would be very beneficial at times!
The end.

2 comments:
aww, sounds like a pretty good break! looks sunny over there...like its not snowing. because it's definitely snowing here.
read read read comment comment comment. angela, this relationship is turning into too much work.
Post a Comment